We help you contest tickets in Quebec City and Montreal.
On June 19, 2011, the legislator modified the demerit point system. This new system is tough on younger drivers (less than 25 years old).
In 2011, a new demerit point system made its debut.
Before the month of June 2011, an 18-year-old driver who obtained a driving licence had the right to accumulate a total of 15 demerit points before the licence was revoked. Since the regulation changed, the number of demerit points a licence holder can accumulate shall be inferior than:
(1) 4, for learner’s permit or probationary licence holders;
(1) 8, if the driver is less than 23 years old;
(3) 12, if the driver is 23 or 24 years old;
(4) 15, if the driver is 25 years old or over.
We may then suggest that young drivers will want to contest their fines more and more not to lose their driving privilege. To assert their rights in an efficient manner, drivers shall consult with a lawyer.
How to contest a ticket with the help of a lawyer?
(1) Make sure that you send your plea of not guilty in the 30 days following the imposition of the fine.
(2) Get in touch with a lawyer who specializes in penal law and who has great command of the regulation applicable to tickets.
(3) Follow the instructions of your lawyer in order to reach the objectives that were established for your case.